Sunday, October 5, 2008

a hari raya special report.


On raya I’ve invited y friends over to my house for a small gathering. I recalled inviting almost more than 25 people, however only 18 turned up. those who can’t come mostly were those from form six. They claimed they have an important exam the following week, hence they have to study hard. Jocelyn went Cameron, some can’t attend because they weren’t in Ipoh.


Anyway I think it’s quite a success although I was being a bad host haha. Everyone stated to flood my house around one and we sat down and chatted while waiting for the rest to come. After that everyone were treated a scrumptious feast. My mom prepared rendang tuk, kuah kacang, rendang ayam, ketupat, nasi impit, sayur lodeh and two type of vegetarian noodles(specially for puventhan, he was a vegetarian that day). I’ve noticed that most of my friends grabbed the noodles first and did not touch the delicious raya delicacies, maybe they did not know how to eat and I assume they rarely have the chance to eat those kind of food.


After that, we sat down on the floor and played some games. At first, I thought of having a small chat, something like sharing, however due to the heavy boredom that we all felt , we all decided to play some games. First we played this game I learned from the connexxion, Spoons. The game was called Spoons because it uses spoons to play and a deck of cards. However , I used chopsticks to play so I guess I can say that we played “ Chopsticks” that day. Again, I sensed the boredom from each and every of my friend and I changed the game. This time we played the game I learned from Nicholas and their gang during the lantern festivals gathering. I don’t know what that game called but a small group are required to hold hands which were entangled at first. Then, they were required to form a circle without taking up their hands. Do you get it? If you don’t it’s okay for I have pictures that will make you understand.


After that it’s time for us to rest. We were sweaty and exhausted after playing such ‘tricky’ game. It’s the time for performance haha. Those who plays the guitar played some songs for us to hear. They were very good. Each and everyone were unique in their very own way. We relaxed for a while then my friends decided to go ta kei. So they headed off to Imax first because I need to stay home because some of my friends haven’t go back yet. In the end, after everyone went back I joined my friends in Imax for a game or two. Around 7 p.m. we departed and waved each other goodbye. It was a fun outing, to meet my schoolmates again. However , kinda sad because I was not able to meet up with a lot of them that didn’t turn up.


On Friday, I watched Eagle Eye with my family. This movie is a must to watch. Imagine a super computer controlling the world. A.I. finally surpasses human beings and that is when doom’s day shall happen. Apart from those two events my holiday was just normal, playing basketball occasionally and stuck at home playing games. It was a useless act to bring back my notes and homework since I didn’t touch them at all.



everyone were digging up food hungrily..RAWR!

look how hungry they were haha

everyone were enjoying their meals...do you notice that what was on the plate were all noodles?? lol

benjamin the guitar master..:)

oh my, what were they trying to do? chien young was grinning already


the three musketeers...david, zach and foo

next, it;s time for games. we played the 'chopsticks'. notice the chopsticks?


david and clement got too excited at ended up arguing :)

me trying to explain the game...AGAIN.

explaining going on.....aik khuan sure knows when someone was going to take his picture...he will react very fast by putting his thumb up lol


"now, let's proceed to the next game",i said. standing tall above the rest.


at first they made a circle with hands entangled...

and at last the circle flourishes magically...

while they were playing, these bunch of people were laughing at them :)

i was busy taking pictures....me and vemal

me and kah nyan

muresh, me , philemon and jiang may

finally, the next group's turn to play...


hands were all entangled..

looks like we were having fun right? jiang may was the leader of the group telling us what to do. however our group were unable to form the circle. we lost to the other group haha.



below are some group photo i took :)





sorry for the bad quality ya. i don't know why the pictures turned up like that. thanks for those who came to my house and hope to see the rest next time!!!!
till here then.
selamat hari raya:)

3 comments:

Song said...

wahhh!time spent with pals is sure great!next year raya we can go ur house liao!!haha.....if there is not exam XP

Young said...

heyy! thanks for inviting me to your place. really had a great time there. it was nice to see everyone again after so long too. take care!

Lee Thean Ming said...

Yo!!!!
Your Raya Party sounded kinda fun!!!
only wish that I was thr ..ARGHHH=(

Haha, the game on the tied up hands is a nice game indeed..i've played it before and it's quite challenging...

Hope to see you real soon in Ipoh
=P