Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Trips to Kay-Elle

Hey guys, it’s been some time since my last update. Honestly, I have been very busy completing forms, packing, buying stuffs and etc. that a student who will be studying overseas will be. I have been to KL thrice last week.

First journey was to attend the JPA briefing in my college last Tuesday. I got my 3 months allowances as well as a blazer (I paid RM400 for it). Besides that, the JPA officer’s gave a little talk on what to bring and what not, what to do there, what are our responsibilities as Malaysian students overseas and more. They also gave us a tentative date of when we will be flying. Mine would be probably on the 14th. Ya you guessed it right, it’s on Chinese New Year. =.=

Anyway, the next trip was on last Friday. I t was a sudden decision made by my mom early in the morning. Our destination: Putrajaya. The main reason we went there was to hand in my passport as well as my E-visa. These two items were actually needed to be handed in during the JPA briefing but my E-visa wasn’t ready by then and since they wouldn’t accept a passport without the E-visa I need to send in both by hand to their department. (You can’t post passport by mail now don’t you?)

The most recent trip was on last Sunday where my parents and I went to KLCC to attend my university briefing. Ginger, Po hui, Nadira, Izzat, Nana and Jia Wern were there as well. The briefing was ok and quite enjoyable especially when the Malaysians students who are currently studying in Uni of Melbourne gave their speech. And after the briefing and the student speech, we ( the students who would enroll to the uni this coming sem) were divided into groups of the same course. So our course falls under the Land and Environment. The group consisted of all KBU students (names I mentioned above) and another 1 boy and 2 girls. However, both of them are not going to study in year 1. Two of them are doing year 3 while another girl will be doing year 2 as a transfer credit program. We then have a Q and A session with 2 seniors. It was incredibly fun. And I get to know new people too. Oh and by the way, I joined the Malaysians of Melbourne University club before I even stepped my foot in the university. You can go to their blog if you want to read more on them and their past events: http://momumomu.blogspot.com/

I need to remind you that all the trips above were all a day trip, so imagine the tiredness of me and my parents driving long distance without resting. Thanks to my mom especially for she drove me twice to KL last week.

And guess what? I’ll be going to KL again tomorrow by train this time to settle my application for Grad card by MAS airlines so that I can get an extra 10kg for my luggage limit instead of 20kg. Furthermore, I will have to attend the IDP briefing this coming Saturday as well (my agent that settles my application to study in Australia).

So many briefing right? Although some of them might tell the same things but I guess different briefing have their own benefits. It’s good to at least get some information, in this case briefings, before going to Australia so we would be exposed to what should we do and what should we not.

Another thing on a random note, I want to take up Japanese as my breadth subjects in Uni of Melbourne :P

Till here then!

Sayonara!


10 comments:

Siew Mei said...

14th feb is 1st day of Chinese New Year and valentine's gagaga.Anyway,all the best.Architect right.Great.Nanti design my house ,huhu.I like the effect of your photo of this post :D

Daniel Hazmy said...

Haha. Ok. I will design your house for you :P You like the effect huh? Hehe thanks. So how will you celebrate Valentine's day?

Siew Mei said...

I tell you what i want first ;
-indoor swimming pool
-walk-in closet
-sound-proof master bedroom (ahaha)

lol.btw you got facebook?
And and,valentine's day? don't know yet.you should ask my boyfriend not me :P

Daniel Hazmy said...

haha. sound proof master bedroom? for? lol

ya i have facebook. add me :P
daniel_jordan123@hotmail.com

Daniel Hazmy said...

haha. sound proof master bedroom? for? lol

ya i have facebook. add me :P
daniel_jordan123@hotmail.com

Siew Mei said...

You know panaroma tambun perdana? All the big houses there got sound proof rooms.So cool. So I'm dreaming to have one. Lol =.=

Daniel Hazmy said...

Haha nope don't think i know where=.= sorry. haha ok ok i will try to do lol

Nadon said...

Yo Danny. Just wanna ask--on which part of putrajaya did you send ur visa to? hehe. Mine baru je approve, & i'm clueless!

("Visa" as in u pergi the aus gov's website and to vevo and just print right?)

:D

Hehe, sorry for disturbing~

Daniel Hazmy said...

nadira..
Hmmm at ur offer letter there is an address so u follow tat address ok? Hint: look for kompleks c on the signboard. :) and yeah just print it :)
No problem at all fren. Take care

Nadon said...

Thanx!