Sunday, February 28, 2010

Tropfest festival


Last Sunday, me and Ginger were lucky to be able to watch Tropfest Festival at Federation Square. It is a short film festival where each film must be less than 7 minutes. There are altogether 16 awesome and beautifully done short film that were displayed. I truly enjoyed myself there despite the fact that I was almost freeze to death as the weather was cold plus strong cold gush of wind. Me and Ginger did not brought along our jackets as we thought i would be very hot and we also though that the event starts at 5.30 p.m. but it only starts at 7.30 p.m.

however, when we arrived there were already a lot of people sitting and "baking" themselves under the sun and I would assume that the reason they did that was to get a good seat. It's an open air/ outdoor thingy you know? But we managed to stay alive until 10 p.m.

Below are some pictures that were taken that day. Be warned that there are not many pictures though.

Antic tram

As we walked towards Federation Square we passed by this huge building. not sure whether it's a cathedral or something but it's beautiful.

Castle-like

Notice the variation of architecture style in this street? There are old and new ones.


A building on Federation Square


And this was the big television that we watched the short films with.



As I mentioned earlier, we were there early so we went for a stroll around the area. Before the short film festival started, there was a sustainability and environmental fair at Federation Square. All stalls and booths were closing up when we arrived.

I saw this lovely and beautiful scarecrows on display



Thsi is the famous Yarra River


Taking a stroll along the river bank

A unique tree


A building over the river and which I don't know the name but it looks like the Eiffel Tower ain't it?

A picture showing how crowded it was that day.


Oh ya! Have you ever see the sun eats a building before?
If you haven't today is your lucky day as i have some pictures to illustrate that. :D


Tada!!! HAHA!


The building was blocking the sun and the glaring effect was as if the sun corrodes some part of the building as it goes down.


Scenic picture.


Oh no the building is almost gone now.


Another beautiful picture of a sunset.


During the commercial or toilet break I like to call it.


Full of lights (life).


Perfect!!

**********

I have joined the Malaysians of Melbourne University(MoMU), Apple club( for architecture students), Japanese club and Flare ( a dance club). I was considering to join a choir as well but I'm afraid I will be very busy hence I did not. Maybe next year.

It is autumn now and it will be very very cold too. BRrrrrrrr!

Going to start my first lecture and can't wait.


Till here then!

3 comments:

Song said...

wow! Ginger also told me that you joined Flare. Jaga your knees baik baik! do more warming up

Daniel Hazmy said...

I will :D Thank you!

Siew Mei said...

wa nice nice!goodluck for your first lecture!