Tuesday, February 16, 2010

An update from Melbourne

Okay, let me start with my journey on the flight. Honestly, although it's my first time siting on an airplane I did not took a lot of pictures. I myself don't know why maybe I was just lazy. The 8 hours long ride was great and occasionally bumpy . I spent my time watching Paranormal Activity on plane and some other movies. I slept a little while only as I found it hard to sleep on the plane, plus the coldness.

A historic moment, it should be noted down in the History book


Me and Calvin

Those siting the same row with me ( me, Calvin, Ainin and Po Hui)
We( th JPA scholars) did not sit together in the plane. Most of us were separated and the plane was full as well. I assumed many people is going back to Melbourne or going to Melbourne for their Chinese New Year holidays.


A picture of the inside of the plane

The mini television

Another picture inside the plane

I reached Melbourne at 8.30a.m. local time and I was excited. After getting down from the plane, I passed the immigration , grab m luggage and passed the customs. Afterward, I gathered with the rest who have applied the airport pickup in the uni website. Then a bus came along and dropped us to our destination.



Me in Melbourne airport


The amount of people waiting for their pickups


Chan smiling gracefully after stepping fot on Melbourne

Well the place I am currently staying is behind this house with three windows. Calvin and Jun Hao( Jun Kai's brother) are living in this three windowed house, as well as my senior Choon Seong.

Wanna see my room? I'm sharing a room with Ah Beng. It's quite small but it should be fine. I sleep on top of the bunker. It has two windows.


My striking red mattress


The cupboard that we are sharing



And finally this is my table. Haha. Messy ain't it? Don't complain :D

And today we ( the boys only) went to the bank in the morning to settle our banking accounts. Then we went to Melbourne Uni to look around. The uni is certainly a big place and lots of beautiful architecture can be found in it. Around 1 p.m. we all walked to the Queen Victoria's Market to look for some fruits. Apparently it closes at 2 today, and by the time we got there there were about to close. Is it cheap? Well, I don't know because I have nothing to compare to. but I bought three pack of strawberries for $4. It was supposed to be $2 per packs but few minutes before closing they decided to clear off the strawberries. Poor Ginger because the seller dropped the price few minutes after he bought his, so he bought two packs for $4. Besides, I also bought peaches worth $2 form two different stalls. However, sad to say the condition of the peaches were not so good. It looks like that they are going to be rotten any minute. sigh. There are tem more of them in my fridges. Guess I have to finish them off tomorrow during breakfast and lunch.
Anyway below are some pictures that I took in the Uni.



A wall sculpture in the Wilson Hall. Fascinating


The architecture in Wilson Hall


I found these majestic chairs outside the Wilson Hall. We dared not sit on them though :(


A sculpture of the Greek goddess Nike which means Victory and she i soften called as Winged Goddess of Victory. And only today I found out the meaning of Nike which is a popular sport brand around the world.


A different angle of this beautiful goddess.


As i said earlier, there are a lot of beautiful architecture around the uni and this is one of them.
Simply magnificent right?

This is the Building of Commerce where people in Uni refer it as the "Cow Building" due to the spots on the building which resembles those on cows. However, I find it does not look like cow in any part at all because the spots are in white whereas the spots on cow are black against a white background.

I haven't took much picture and I am so sorry. Ginger has been snapping a lot and I will take the pictures from him soon and I will try to upload them to my blog and Facebook as well. Tomorrow we will hunt for mobiles phone packages. I guess till here then.



*P.S: All the pictures above have been edited using Photoshop cs4