Monday, September 8, 2008

buka puasa, zoo negara and siow fern's birthday

On last Friday , OUR club organized a buka puasa event which started at 7.15 pm. However I went there earlier at 6 to help out and everything. It’s an event for us and the seniors, not forgetting the a-levels but they did not turn up. I mean the a- level students did not turn up. Anyway once the azan is heard, everyone break their fast with some kuih-muih(I can’t find a term for it in English) before the muslims did their prayers led by my lecturer MR. Al at the back of the hall. After our prayers, then let the feast begin! Haha everyone were lining up to get their food. Nasi tomato, ayam masak merah and also acar. Satay were also provided. I didn’t quite enjoy the satay that night, the flesh are hard and tasteless.Not tender at all.oh ya forgot to tell that the food wasn’t enough for everyone. But I don’t know what happened in the end.

After we ate, we help to clean up and then I followed the shuttle van back to Hazman’s house to borrow his bicycle. I cycled to the connexxion after that. When I reached connexxion, they were cutting cake. It was laura’s birthday. I wished her and ate a slice of cake. Now the number of people at the connexxion are less because most of them went back to the states. Summer is over already so back to studies. After that we watched a movie named At The End Of Spear. It was a nice movie. About some indigenous people that spear each other and how the white men wanted to help them so that they will not be extinct from spearing themselves. We supposed to play capture the flag that night, but it rained so we watched that movie instead. I went back to the hostel about eleven and slept around 12 I think because the next day I had to wake up early.

On Saturday morning, I woke up at 5 a.m.,ate my breakfast and getting ready to go to the zoo. I applied to be a zoo volunteer the other day. It was organized by the a-level club. I went to college with Nicholas and met up with sarah, siao fern, jonathan, Gabriel, calvin, chan and leong. There were also some a-level students with us. The we ride the college shuttle van and started our journey to the Zoo Negara. Once we reached there, we were briefed by the person in charge and were put into groups. Me,chan, jonathan and an a-level guy formed a group and we were told to help out at the zoo’s kitchen. The place where they prepared all the food for the animals.

In the kitchen, I helped to stir a big pot of rice mixed with brown sugar for the elephants. Then I cut a huge amount of tapioca with the a-level guy while chan and jonathan were cutting the carrots,in huge amount too.we need to fill the whole big bucket with tapioca and carrots.after we finished our jobs, we had our break and we went to the aquarium. After we got back to the kitchen it’s time to clean up. So we washed the kitchen.we mopped and sweeped the floor. Then, we brushed the mosses on the pavement outside the kitchen ,it was a tough job no doubt .suddenly, the man who works in the kitchen asked for two person to help him and I went. The a-level guy also volunteered. Little that we know that we were going to have the best ride on earth. Haha. We sat behind the lorry with all the foods that were prepared and went the around the zoo delivering those foods. It was fun haha. How often you sit behind a lorry go around the zoo and deliver foods to the animals. We just deliver we didn’t feed the animals. Sadly that’s not what the kitchen do. They just prepare and deliver that’s all. After that we have already finished our job. We went around the zoo for a walk. It was raining then. But it didn’t stopped us from going around the zoo haha. Took some pictures and have fun. And we went back at one after a group photo. I was exhausted. I went back to hostel took my bath and jumped into my bed and slept till evening.

Sunday I woke up at 9 something and I took my bath and everything. I did my laundry too.I tried to study but I can’t. I got headache so I went to sleep again. Slept till 3 something and then I received a call from liyana asking me to buy for nadia some puff at secret recipe. I wanted to go cc to post up my blog one but to my disappointment the cc was closed. So I went to secret recipe, bought the puff and went straight to ah beng’s house to borrow his bike. I cycled to liyana’s house gave her the puff and then I went to each and every student house to visit lol. In the end I went to ah beng’s house again. It was around 6 .30 already so I decided to eat dinner at his house. The malys cooked their dinner and asked me to join so I joined but ah beng didn’t want to. He was afraid that their cooking were not clean , later he lau sai. So I ate sardine and egg with plain rice. Quite full also. Ah beng cooked egg himself in the kitchen while we were eating. After I ate already I helped ah beng a little. Then I ate together with him his egg. Suddenly while we were eating, chia venn called . she asked ah beng to accompany her to one utama to but present for siow fern’s birthday. So we quickly eat and cycled to her house and then to one utama.

In one utama we searched for the toy section in jusco. Chia venn said that siow fern said she liked a model car before so she wanted to buy it for her but we can’t find the one she liked , so we ended up buying a race car for her. After that we went and walk around one utama. And guess what, ah beng said he was having stomach ache. See he ownself lau sai because of his own cooked food lol. So ironic. Anyway later he went toilet then chia venn haven’t ate her dinner so we went to Mcd. Later we went pizza hut and bought three regular pizzas before we headed to the field near chia venn’s house.

When we reached the field, everyone were already waiting for us there. Siow fern was also there. Everyone gave her presents and wished her. I wished her too. Then chia venn lit uo the candles that she bought for her. Afther we sang birthday song in few languages, she blew out the candles and everyone have a slice of pizza. Later we chat and took pictures. Had fun that night. And when it past midnight, we sang birthday song to siow fern again. The next thing we did was talk ghost stories. Everyone sat around and hear stories told by each of us. It was scary and fun at the same time. You should see how ming chai kept scaring chia venn haha we talked till one something before we went back to our own home. That’s all

below are some pictures i took...mostly in the aquarium. there are many more but i can't upload them all.











































No comments: