Sunday, February 8, 2009

PRom NIght coming!

Today is Thaipusam and I’m in my room with a running nose. It’s sickening when you’re sick. Few days earlier I was having a sore throat. Now this.

Okay, let’s skip the whole sickness thing. About the documentary, we changed the topic of what we going to film. It’s about cultural differences between foreigners and Malaysians. Since there are so many foreign students here, it would be convenient to interview them and know more about what and how different their culture compared to us. Are we doing something that is rude without us noticing it that clashes with the culture of others? or do the foreigners bring along their culture here that most Malaysians can’t comprehend? We would like to find out all these and hopefully we can learn more about how others think about us as Malaysians, how to be more tolerant to another culture and also how by learning another culture and to understand it will not only benefit Malaysians but the world. I think if all of us learn about these, war will not happen. Maybe. Who knows. But education can change a lot of things rather than violence, don’t you think?

Valentines day is around the corner and I shall be a very busy man. Well, now don’t get me wrong. I’m not busy giving out flowers or bring someone special to dine in an expensive restaurant, but I will be helping the Student Council selling and promoting all the stuff we have like cupcakes to students next Tuesday and Thursday. I also found out that I will be a walking billboard promoting at the main entrance of the college. Hopefully it will turn out to be a fun event for me, but certainly not an embarrassing one.

Prom night is also coming on the 20th March and the event is not anticipated by the JPA sponsored students. Up to now, I’ve managed to sell 8 tickets only. Some said that the price is way too expensive for them but I’m sure they would like to go too. I mean it would be a great experience and you can add another memorable event in your history during college life. Well if anyone is still interested to go, please contact me ya( especially for KBUians).

join the prom night!!!

Till here then.


3 comments:

Song said...

wahh....a REALLy dutiful and responsible SC member!!(clapping)
hmm...don worry about the embarrassing thing, we went through that before...haha, even at the Curve...

Song said...

wahh....a REALLy dutiful and responsible SC member!!(clapping)
hmm...don worry about the embarrassing thing, we went through that before...haha, even at the Curve...

Daniel Hazmy said...

haha ya it seems like it's a duty i can't run away. wearing boxes!!!!lol. anyway hopefully we will have many people come and buy our stuffs :)