Sunday, February 1, 2009

dragons on the loose!

Finally, after a one week holiday because of Chinese Niu Year, oops sorry, it should be Chinese New Year, I’m back in my hostel rummaging through my bags and piles of books checking whether I’ve finished my homework or not. Holidays are never meant to be holidays without holiday homework, don’t you think so?

Anyway let me talk about my third week of college in January and my Chinese New Year break. First of all, during that third week, nothing much happened except for a role play we did in class based on the novel BOY by Roald Dahl. Everyone did a great feat at performing except me. I’m a bad actor seriously. I’m terribly sorry for being the factor that made the performance of my group (me, mud and fadli) worst than the rest. I envy those who were able to perform well and brilliantly. When I watched them performing I almost thought they were real actors ( those who do acting for a living) . They do have the potential I must say. I can’t act and I don’t know why. Maybe it’s not what I was born to do for. Who knows? Okay now let’s continue, there were two winners and they were given a packet of liquorice bootlaces. Liquorice bootlaces are some kind of sweet that were mentioned in the novel and it is long and plastic-like. It even tastes like plastic. And if you look at the pictures you might mistook them for red wires and not sweets. However, it was an opportunity to actually taste something that is new in my life and that was a great experience :)

Liquorice Bootlaces

Apart from that, the groups for documentary were already divided. I’m in the same group with mud, fadli, atiqah and also syireen. After a brief discussion in the library, we came out with an idea to document about performing arts. Well, I am not sure whether we will discuss about “the life of a performer” or “performing arts in general”. We will sit around together and discuss more in depth about this. Hopefully, we will be able to make an exciting documentary that will not bore anyone.

I went back Ipoh with Ming Chai on Friday, 23rd of January, by bus. We reached around 9 pm after a long three hours journey because of traffic jams in the highway. Everyone was rushing back for Chinese New Year. Lights from cars were illuminating the darkness of the highway and to me it was a beautiful sight. The highway looked livelier.

My family and i went to my grandmother house for reunion dinner. She is a great cook and the dishes she made were really scrumptious, instantly feeding the famished stomach of ours. My cousins were there too and we spent time talking and watching television till midnight before we went back home and call it a day.

The first day of Chinese New Year was dull. Woke up late and just lazed around at home. No going over to relatives or friends house. In fact no friends did invite me to their house for Chinese New Year. but I’m not going to tell you the boring part of my Chinese New Year, I’m going to reveal something more interesting.

During the first day of Chinese New year, my grandmother went and visits her friend somewhere in Tambun. The house was filled with people. She was inside talking with her friend when she noticed chaos outside the house, just by the gate .The people gathered were shouting and pointing at the sky. Curiously, she went out along with everyone in the house to see what was all the fuss about.

Now, as she reached outside, someone shouted “there’s a dragon! I saw a dragon!” Hence, my grandmother looked at the sky and with astonishment she saw a shiny red and green body like that of a snake. It was beautiful she said. However, when she got there, the dragon head went into the cloud already. Some said they saw the head earlier. Then sensing there was nothing more to see, she went back inside.

My brother and I listened to her story with amazement. It is true? We were curious ourselves, being great fans of mythical creatures, we questioned her many times about how does it looked like. She said what she saw was not a rainbow because the long shiny body was in a snake like shape. An S shape to be exact. Wow! I was certainly baffled. How lucky she was. If she did see the body of the dragon, then it means dragons do exist? Furthermore, this dragon appeared not on any other day but on the first day of Chinese New Year, isn’t that a coincidence? I tried to search the net for any pictures uploaded about this dragon sighting but to no avail, there were no results. However I found out a video that report a dragon sighting in Sg. Lembing, Kuantan. I do find this video interesting and it certainly looked like a dragon.

Another video I found interesting:

Anyway I guess till here then and I hope I did made you wonder again whether do dragons really exist and if you found something or just anything related to this do inform me ya ;)

No comments: