Friday, December 19, 2008

favourite food...


On Monday, I’ve finished reading The Boy in two hours or so. It was interesting to me. It’s an autobiography, well not really, but a life story of roald dahl when he was small till he was 18. Why I said the novel was not an autobiography is because of two reasons: 1. He claimed it himself at the first few pages of the novel and 2. The whole novel consisted of his interesting experiences when he was small, and mind you, this novel was supposed to be targeting small children: which means he left out a lot of details about himself.
Well as this book was supposed to be targeting readers from age 8 to 13( i assume) , the language used was also very basic and not that tough which was probably one of the reasons that I was able to finish it within a few hours. On the other hand, Falling Leaves by Adeline Yen Mah, the autobiography of the writer story was also interesting as it deals with her experiences with her stepmother who always seems to pick on her without fail. However, compared to The Boy, Adeline uses a lot of hard and complex vocabulary as well as word structures so I took a few days to finish it.

On Tuesday, I went out with some of my classmates and we went dota-ing in cyber for a few hours. Around 2 something , we spent time chatting till somewhere around five and I went back home. There was nothing special that happened on Wednesday. Just as usual with the sleeping and eating. Today my whole family went to KFC for dinner. then, we went to tesco.

Speaking of food, I don’t even know what is my favourite food. Until now, whenever someone ask me or I stumbled upon a question asking what is my favourite food, I will hesitate before answering and I recalled each time my answers would be different. Once, I put chicken rice, then there was noodles as my favourite and it the list keeps going. Somehow it puzzled me for not able to think what is my favourite food. Perhaps is it because I don’t understand myself comprehensively? Or is it because I really don’t have a favourite food? well, as far as I’m concern I’m not much of a picky eater where I select what to and what not to eat. I eat whatever I felt is scrumptious and of my liking while if it’s not that I will not eat it. The foods that I don’t like to eat are not as much as they used to be last time. I used not to like,…hmmm I can’t even think of what I used not to like to eat anymore. It’s because as a child although I dislike some food I was somehow forced to eat them and with frequent intake my taste buds were familiar with the taste and slowly those food were not one of my disliked food list. Ah, it came back to me now; I used to dislike bitter gourd. How bitter it was I still remember. But as I grew, I’m okay with bitter gourd taste and I still eat it from time to time. Another example was that I hate bean sprout (taugeh) a lot. I don’t like them in my food especially in noodles. They taste awful. However, there was one day at school I don’t know how or why but I ate beansprouts during recess and it turned out to be not so bad at all. I don’t know why but I assume that maybe the bean sprouts that my mom bought was not fresh when i ate it or maybe the different way of cooking it makes it taste different. My mom love durians and red beans that is what I noticed. When I asked my dad what is his favourite food, he too hesitated for a while and replied that he likes any food that’s edible. Maybe I inherited his gene of liking every food that is tasty and hence made both of us unable to have a particular liking on a single food. I can tell you what I like to eat: chocolate, rice, all kinds of noodles, and more but I can’t tell you which food I like the most. What’s your favourite food? Have you give it a thought?

above is a lucky cover by me. sorry for the noises ya. they were my sisters. i shall upload a nice one soon but before that please comment ya :) so i can improve thanks

8 comments:

Song said...

haha...I have no particular favourite food too!!
Perhaps grass would suit you? (kekekkkk...)

.::annemishi::. said...

oww..me too~~ favourite food not specified yet.. just eat wut u like n wan on that time..

ggselamber said...

bce blog ak :D

singgah jap,tak bce pape pn :D

Daniel Hazmy said...

ya lor...no favourite food how come oh!!! haihz..grass won't suit me la aiyo!

Indera said...

hahaha daniel, video clip was quite nice.. but you should put the video cam same height with you face, dont put it below and we see your chin all the time..

I just dont feel right on that angle.. dont look good.. XD

Daniel Hazmy said...

haha thx for your comment indera, appreciate it a lot. i'll try to put my phone same level with me next time if i can find something to hold it on. sorry ya >.<

germae said...

Hey nice cover! Maybe you'd like to take the tempo a little slower... and maybe get a girl to duet Colbie's part :P
Nice blog template! You must be good at guitar.

Daniel Hazmy said...

hey germae!!! thx for dropping by :) hehe i will try to improve better. hmmm u want to be the girl and duet with me? lol