Friday, May 8, 2009

Summer camp in dusun eco resort, pahang

AND THE STORY BEGINS...

We started our journey a little bit later than expected. It was 3 p.m. Everyone rushed to put their luggage into the bus and then off we went. The one hour journey on the bus was spent on watching a bloody movie – Cabin Fever. And poof, the next thing I knew, we have already reached.

But we haven’t reached to the top yet. The place is on a hill and the bus was too large and heavy to ascend so a pickup truck was needed. It was a refreshing ride, with the winds blowing onto my face. After a 5 minutes ride up the hill, we finally reached.

A long and big cafeteria where those who went up earlier waited for us caught my attention. I joined in with the rest and tea was served. While we waited for those who were still down the hill, some of us played cards to kill time. Others were busy taking photographs.

When everyone at last reached to the top we were briefed on what to do and what not to do. After every meal we were required to wash our own plates. Some find this rule ridiculous but then again, who would want to wash almost 100 over plates? Hence, division of labor will help the cafeteria people out. We took our bed sheets and then divided into groups in the hall before moving into our designated rooms. We have free time till dinner.


After dinner, we played Blind Night. Everyone was blindfolded. Then, lining up in their groups, a committee member will lead each group around the area. It was drizzling but I assumed everyone had fun. But then, some got sick playing in the rain.

After Blind night we were free to do whatever we want. It was 10 p.m. so I hang out with woei song in a stall. We played card games till midnight. The laughter and shouting made the stall lively in the midst of the jungle.

The next day, everyone woke up early and got ready for morning exercise. Raj and Azreen were leading the whole group of 100 people in aerobics accompanied with music.


After warming up, we went for jungle trekking. The instructor said that it is not appropriate to call names in the jungle and so we were all given a number each. I was 44. What a nice number. Anyway, the 2 hour trekking was okay. It was energy draining and muddy I would say. Almost everyone’s shoes were wet and dirty. Some even got leeches on them. Surprisingly, there was no leech on my body.

After lunch, we had a session with a former jpa scholar who works for petronas as an engineer. After the session we were anticipating for flying fox but were told that it was postponed to the next day. So we just walked on the hanging bridge. At first, it was not that bloodcurdling. I thought I can do it easily but as I walked towards the center my heart beats faster and I don’t know why I felt that I would fall anytime. Maybe the reason was because I was tall and my centre of gravity was not balanced. The rope that I hold was getting shorter and shorter towards the end. I need to bend a little to balance myself or else I might fall. But I love getting my heart beat faster. I love the adrenaline.

Then, after the bloodcurdling experience, all of us jumped into the pool. I ended up playing water rugby. It was so fun trying to get the ball across. It’s similar to water polo basically but we have body contacts like rugby. Pulling each other away from the ball.

So fun. At night, we had barbecued food for dinner. I thought it will be a real barbecue with campfire around but I was disappointed. The foods were barbecued earlier and were served to us. However, the performances were a life saver. I performed first with woei song, ming chai and gary. we sang a mandarin song that were written by woei song, eve and jenny. I’m the melody maker. The song was supposed to be a duet but then we couldn’t find any girls to sing with us so it kind of sounds a bit gay if you can understand the lyrics. After all groups have performed, it was bed time. I was tired after all the energy draining activities in the morning. I dozed off straight after I got onto my bed.

The next morning, all the committee members set up the explorace booth before all of us went for flying fox. How I wished I could do it again for the second time but time would not permit so. 100 people equals to 4 hours.


After everyone has tasted the feeling of flying, explorace soon started. Everything was over around 2 something. We had lunch then everyone prepared to go home. Took the five minute journey down the hill, boarded the bus and reached college around 5.30 p.m. that concludes our summer camp. Although I have omitted a lot of the small small stuff that happened during the camp, I just want to stress that I did have fun.

I didn’t took any pictures. I didn’t bring my phone to everywhere i went. I kinda regret for not doing so now. Some pictures of me I grabbed from Imran, our camp photographer. And this is the picture I liked most. I edited it a little bit.



goodbye summer camp!

1 comment:

Song said...

I like the pic in the pool!!
so CRAZY!!!