Saturday, March 14, 2009

three tips on how to stay away from stress!

Sorry for the delay in posting up a post. Life is busy nowadays. And I’m not fretting unlike everyone else. I’m sorry, but to me , I’ve learned that life is more than just to fret. Busy is good. Yes it does. Think positive. Don’t make busy as an excuse to fail. Yes, I felt the pinch staying up all night and slept for three hours for three consecutive days, but that doesn’t stop me from being happy about it. I had fun! Yes, it’s stressful. It IS fun to be in stress now than before. As before this, mainly before my life in KBU, I’m an easygoing, laid-back person. Early this year, I felt stress for the first time and honestly I can’t cope with that stress in my head that are trying to blow up my brain at first. But with every subsequent dose of stress, I felt numb and i’m actually okay with it. It’s like anesthetic. I’ve learn to live with it not to run away from it. What I can say is that I have adapted in a world of stress.

Okay, you might be wondering am I crazy or what? Adapted to a world of stress???? If that is true, then I’ll be the happiest person in the world. Bullshit.

Well, it might not be true that I’m the happiest man on earth but I’m finding my way and learning to be one. The first step is to change my mind set. Think positive . I know it’s hard to think positive every time but at least try to do it, try to tell yourself maybe it’s not a bad thing after all. Maybe it’s a good thing. Even though when there are times you know it’s a bad thing. But I think by keeping positive at all times , I am able to be more rationale and calm when a bad thing happens to me or when I’m down .

Secondly, my will to change. Now you will be saying,” right, another bullshit . will to change??come on. Don’t joke around.” I’ve noticed that each and every one of us has thought of change, be it to change from a lazy person to a more hardworking one, to change the spoiled clock on the wall, or to change the way you think. But all that remained as a thought. No action. Some people said it’s impossible to change; this is because their mind set is that to change means to change instantly. For example, a smoker had thought of quitting because of his friends and family tells him too. He also knows that in health terms it is killing him. But why can’t he quit when he tried? This is because he only quit for a day and he expects in one night, the desire or the hunger to smoke will banish. The next morning he woke up he realized the hunger was still there, so he said to himself: “hmph, I can’t change after all” and continued smoking. The moral here is, Rome was not build in one day. If you had made the effort to change for a day why not put in more effort to change for the next day and the day after next and the day after after next? Don’t stop until you notice a change and when you do notice a change, keep on going changing yourself even better. The process of learning and changing for the better never stops. Never.

Thirdly, it is imperative that I have a good time management skills. Notice that I said it is imperative? This means I have not acquired this ability yet which is to manage my time wisely. How I wish I could be Hiro Nakamura in the Heroes series so that I could stop time and travel to the future or the past trying to change what I did or what I will do. But I know it’s not going to happen so I need to learn and fast if not, I’ll be left behind time.

That’s all about some tips on how to deal with stress from my point of view. Although I have not achieve completely what I talked about but I know that are the guidelines I should follow and you should too!

Hopefully I did spark some light on those who felt like they were on the verge of breakdown and would commit suicide.








Wait a minute, I heard you say : “Piece of crap. Easier said than done. Donkey.” And my reply would be : “hey, when do you actually want to try to change?? “

2 comments:

Young said...

Wow, you seem motivated. :)
Good job, mate!
I know what you mean.. AusMat can be rather hectic at times but it's very heartening to see that you're taking on the challenge with a positive mindset.
Hopefully, you'll get through everything in one piece and with abit of luck, your Australian architectural escapade may well begin this time next year. :)
I wish you well, buddy and I'm sure you will handle your challenges with an unmatched vigour.

Daniel Hazmy said...

thanks a lot young!
i need to start to think positive about ausmat so hopefully i can succeed :P i need to LOVE it :P lol

thx for being there for me all this while, appreciate it a lot.

good day mate!